PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Black Eyed Bubble Tea

So Miss Kristin and I enjoyed ourselves a little Thai food therapy, and then strolled over to Tea Drops in Westport, which is just a lovely space. Every time I go in there I want to plop down and hang out there for 3-4 hours. Especially on sunny afternoons. I got a peach-flavored black tea with boba (the black tapioca-esque blobs) - YUM! I chose a bright red straw because I felt, well, very bright. And red. This straw would make a serious spitwad shooter, if a person were so inclined. My lid/seal featured red tulips, too. Very springy, very happy. I enjoy the boxes that have Asian calligraphy next to them with English subtitles, "Few Sugar", "No Sugar", "Few Ice", "No Ice". Then I notice the small print on the right-half of my seal. It's in English. It's the lyrics from the Black Eyed Peas' "Where Is the Love" song.

The first words I discern say, "people killin', people dyin'" and I'm thinkin' YO, I'm trying to enjoy a spot of tea and sunshine here, folks. Let my boba go.

Other random thought/observation: on the walk there, a young female dalmation was sunning on her dog bed in front of her owner's store. It was the happiest thing, and as everyone went by, they just smiled, and some stopped to pet her. The world needs more smiles and less stress. I can't wait to get home and hug my (very clean fresh-smelling) dog!
posted by PlazaJen, 12:46 PM
|