PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Monday, December 13, 2004

Complete 180'

OK, departing from my previous stance on Mediocrity, tea-stained with Abject Apathy, let me rant about something else my daddy taught me: If something's worth doing, it's worth doing well. And in my case, if I didn't do it well enough, I did it over and over until it was done to the highest caliber. I have visions of that damned black bathroom sink.....the toothpaste, the stained brass fixtures, the scrubbing, endless scrubbing. No wire hangers, no! (OK, kidding about that. (just the hangers, though))
Anyway, I do believe if you're going to do something, you should do it right. I'm not asking for a parade, or mylar balloons every time you perform your job, but for god's sake, is it THAT hard to put the toilet paper in the bathroom stall correctly? Because when you don't, it only comes out one square at a time, if that, and I feel like a crazy monkey, clawing up and under at a roll of tissue paper I can't see, and can't maneuver, and CAN'T GET TO WORK because you can't put it in right.
Don't get me started on the refilling system for the liquid soap. Because there isn't one. And when it runs out, you have to physically get under the sink, unscrew the big container and leave its Royal Emptiness on the counter to get refilled. And that not only makes me NUTTERS, but it makes me think wire hangers might just be in order. Yes, the spirit of Christmas is alive and well in Kansas City.

posted by PlazaJen, 5:24 PM
|