PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

PEOPLE, PLEASE LEARN SOME GRAMMAR.



I had lunch with Kyra today. We drove by a Wendy's billboard & I asked her if she'd seen the pic I'd posted on my blog, and she had - we were laughing about it, and she said she'd had an English teacher who had showed them a full page newspaper ad that said something to the effect, "Your On The Right Track".

Two hours later, she text messaged me to look at her Flickr. Yup. This is going to put me in the nuthouse, some folks look for the second coming or a rapture, but my alarm bells are signs like these, pointing to the decline of language and writing in this country. Hell, I almost prefer text-message spelling, because it's at least a puzzle and doesn't pretend to be proper English.
posted by PlazaJen, 2:52 PM
|