PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Monday, November 12, 2007

YAWN!

I have not been able to get my shit together since Daylight Savings Time rolled back. Actually, if we're going to be technically correct, I've not been able to get my shit together for a really long time. But I pay someone to listen to me talk about that, and meanwhile, if you subscribe to my blog in Bloglines, you've been thinking I have updated, like at least 10 times today. I dunno whazzup with the RSS on the FEED there, but sorry dudes, I'm not live blogging my day, it just keeps showing up as "new"!

In other news, I had a heart-to-heart with the Time Warner Cable technician who came out on Friday. He sat down on the hassock, I sat on the loveseat, and I felt like we were breaking up. Amicably, but breaking up nonetheless. I told him I had suspicions the problem was in the signal. He hung his head, shaking it. I went through all the issues, showed him the error messages, and that's when he sat down & clasped his hands. Basically, he's seen these errors (and more!) all across the metro, in all sorts of different boxes. It's not the signal. It's not the hard drive on the box. Basically, it's not me, it's you. It's YOU, Time Warner Cable Mainframe Computer, it's YOU. You're the reason these poor tech guys go around to peoples' homes and have to sit in their living rooms and apologize for your mistakes and problems. This tech guy looked like he was going to cry with gratitude when I told him I had some connections and planned to pass my concerns along.

Essentially, they have issues at the Main Nerve Center, and the only thing you can do is reboot your box (really fast) and it somehow stabilizes it for a while, until the evil computer sends it mixed messages again and causes its little brain to explode. (That's when you pull the power cord out & plug it back in really fast.) The people at the Nerve Center tell the Supervisors of the Technicians that "they're working on it" which we all know means, "We haven't got a friggin' clue, and don't let this get out." This man was clearly at the end of his rope. I at least felt better because lord knows, I was getting tired of trekking over to the Winchester station and trading these damned DVRs out, and I also no longer have to call customer support. Oddly enough, this solution pacified me, when it was the same solution from the phone company a month ago, and I was having none of it.

Now, I just have to get my shit together & call my "connection". They know someone who knows someone, you knows what I mean? :wink:
posted by PlazaJen, 2:42 PM
|