PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Mamma, Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys....

Well, yesterday was JAM-packed with everything you could ask for!

I went and saw my dear friend Shelley's baby over my lunch hour:
100_0084

Meet Miss Kara!

100_0087

OMG she is so teeny tiny and perfect and cute. She has her momma's eyes and a wonderful round face and loads of hair. I couldn't be happier for the family, and I hung around until Gramma got there so I could share in her joy as well.

So then the Cowboy part of all this. We went to the Sprint Center last night for the 9th & final Garth Brooks concert, and wowza, what a show. I do not know that much of Garth's music (though I can belt out some chorus words, especially that "I Got Friends In Low Places" song!) The Sprint Center was really cool. And? Louder inside than a Chiefs game. Probably because it has a lid on it, but holy mother of god, the entire arena was full and these people DID know Garth's music. He is the consummate performer, I must say. He loves what he does, he does it well, and this concert was also being broadcast around the country and Europe in movie theaters. After about an hour & a half, he "ended" the show, complete with an encore - and then came back out and proceeded to play for the crowd for another hour or so. (He said something to the effect of, "Now that the movie theater taping's done, let's give you folks more of a show!") It was pretty impressive. He ended with Don McLean's "American Pie", which was one of my dad's favorite songs and one I learned at a very early age, so I sang along, with tears streaming down my face & clutching my husband's hand, not having to explain a thing. You fall in love with words and talking, but sometimes love is even stronger when you don't have to say a thing.

Thanks, Garth, for a fun, fun night!

100_0108

100_0104

100_0111

Oh, but the really funny thing? The suite next to ours? Was filled with the most stoic, serious, unhappy-looking people. We found out that suite is owned by a large um, concert ticket provider. You'd think those people would like to party! Maybe they all had to pay exorbitant handling fees.....

Are We Having Fun Yet?!

Maybe they had fun? But they weren't showing it on the outside. We laughed & laughed....
posted by PlazaJen, 10:40 AM
|