PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Book Club: The Alcohol & Drug-Free Way To Recapture Your College Years.

I like my book club. We meet every 6 weeks or so, and talk and drink wine & eat really good food. We've read some awesome books, too. Life of Pi, Bel Canto & The Kite Runner to name a few. (All standard good book club books.) Last gathering, half the attendees didn't read the book, yours truly included. (The book was not to my liking.) The latest book is quite good, "The Secret History" by Donna Tartt, and three guesses as to who was cramming half the book the night before book club?

MOI? But I bought the book right away & began reading it right away. And when I reflected on this, ohhhh, I saw this blazing pattern in lights and shimmery stars, to how I approached EVERY assignment in college. Start early, set it down, party party party, cram it finished in the final approach.

I'm reliving my youth, plain and simple, only without the hangovers or grade cards. Now, I'm almost done with the book, and I've got 'til 7p tonight. And? It'll be fresh in my mind! Hah! The justifications haven't even changed over the years. Except the beer's been replaced with knitting.
posted by PlazaJen, 7:12 AM
|