PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Wooldrawals

If Patternworks was the cocaine equivalent of yarn in the 90's, then Knit Picks is the crack of our current era. DAMN THEM for creating even MORE new lines of yarns, and making them beautiful, and making them affordable! DAMN DAMN DAMN! Our needles are healthier than heroin, but all the same, there's something to be said for a knitting addiction and deluding oneself into buying more yarn than can be knit in a lifetime. No, JWo, I didn't buy any (I'll wait and just get some sock yarn when our knitting group places an order...lol) because I am still reveling in my acquisition of a Habu linen-paper-silk purse kit that is going to cycle in to the WIP's. (Works In Progress) And I'm making good progress on my pale blue "Pasta" ribbon lace jacket, the yarn is stretchy & pretty and soft, and I think it will be a fun summer topper. I also want to wind up my Noro I bought last year & make another Flyaway Free Jacket. Sigh. The list just goes on and on.

I leave you with K's Choice. It's the song I hear playing in my head as I look at new sock yarn.

Not An Addict
Breathe it in and breathe it out
And pass it on, it's almost out
We're so creative, so much more
We're high above but on the floor

It's not a habit, it's cool, I feel alive
If you don't have it you're on the other side......
posted by PlazaJen, 11:59 AM
|