PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Ripped from the Polly Files....

So, the Lady was all wrapped up in watching her tv, and Mister was off someplace, maybe in that bathroom place where the heater comes up under the sink, I like to lie there in the morning when Lady takes her shower, but what I was trying to write was that they were both doing things, you know? And so I did one of the good tricks I rarely get to do, which is stand up on my hind legs and get stuff off the counter or stove when I think noone is watching! It is so great. And I was very careful and quiet except for a little clicking of my nails, and a little jingling of my collar, I sure wish they'd make that jingling go away because Lady and Mister ALWAYS seem to know where I am, and what I'm doing, and where was I? Oh, yes, so I got a WHOLE FRIED CHICKEN wing or some part I don't know it was fried and meaty and the outside was really tasty and it was going to be SO GOOD I thought I should try to just nonchalantly walk into the living room with it sorta hidden in my mouth so I could lie down and really, really enjoy it? But Lady already seemed to be on to me and I heard a lot of YAP YAP YAP POLLY NO YAP YAP YAP and so I slowed down a little and got kinda low to the floor, thinking, like, maybe she won't see me coming in to get on my pillow and savor this chicken wing I'm hiding in my mouth?

But she did. She even took it away, like right, Lady is gonna eat something I had in my mouth but I think she just threw it in the garbage to try and teach me a lesson but I know I'll forget it the minute something good-smelling is back on the stove or counter. And she kept on with the YAPPING and the NO POLLYing and the BAD DOGging and then I had to lie down on my pillow with only the memory of the chicken wing in my mouth and that really sucked because that was gonna be one tasty chicken wing. Oh well. It's a dog's life here. I will keep checking for good tasting things, no matter how much they YAP and NO POLLY me, because I'M PRETTY and Lady tells me that all the time.
posted by PlazaJen, 10:57 PM
|