PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Friday, February 25, 2005

Friday's Feast!

So, I thought I'd move on and do another post. You try, too. Props and recognition to Friday's Feast.

Appetizer - Name something that makes you scream.
Well. I guess that would be PHIL FUCKIN' KLINE. And bad drivers.

Soup - Who is a musician you enjoy listening to when you want to relax?
Coldplay, Sarah McLachlan, October Project

Salad - What was the last book you purchased?
A Treasury of Magical Knitting" by Cat Bordhi. I saw the sequel last night & thought the first book had to be rockin'. Hello, my dear friend Amazon. You make it all so easy.

Main Course - If you could live one day as any historical figure, who would it be, and what would you do?
I would be an unknown assassin who killed Adolf Hitler before he could come into power. If this is not Quantam Leap & I can't change history, then, I would be Dorothy Parker & hanging out with my Algonquin Round Table chums.

Dessert - Tell about a time when you were lost. Where did you end up? How long did it take you to get back to where you were going?
Oh sweet mary. I was on a business trip, and we were going to Adamsville, TN, (you turn south just past, I kid you not, Bucksnort TN.) We left Nashville, and our puffed-ego twit account director was driving (he was wearing a scarf, and DRIVING GLOVES), and of course was in charge, as he had been to the client before. He went the wrong direction on Hwy 40. FOR AN HOUR. We saw a lot of pretty countryside, but when three of you are squeezed in the back of a Jeep, it is not comfortable. Why rent a Jeep for five people? Because Jeep used to be his account when he was Big Time. So he only rented Jeeps. A couple of other people kept asking, "Are you sure this is the right direction?" I always called him the Bloviator. Because he wouldn't ever SHUT UP. (Bloviate is a word: to speak or write verbosely and windily.) And I lost my temper because he tried to blame US for going the wrong direction and in one of the few instances I didn't bite my tongue, I screamed back, "If you hadn't been going on and on talking & waving your hands TALKING the whole time, like you do in every Monday Morning Meeting this wouldn't have HAPPENED." Oddly enough, my outburst didn't affect our relationship. He was just. that. self-centered.
posted by PlazaJen, 11:53 AM
|