PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Monday, July 11, 2005

Adios, Vacation!

So, it's 'bout that time again, waving farewell to a week of vacation, over which I accomplished nothing except turning a year older! Woohoo! F the garage and all its contents! F the craft room! F the po-lice (only the ones on motorcycles)! It's nutters, but I missed work, I missed my daily interactions & brilliant mutterings after I hang up the phone. ("F that stupid sumbitch, whattheHELL?") But I did enjoy the time off & am already thinking "Self, when we taking more time off?" Guess I'll have to get some stuff done now, I don't have the excuse, "I'm on VACATION!"

I did, actually, make one hell of a vat of Sangria last Saturday night. Here's a picture, in all it's sparkling glory!


There's no way to fully recreate it, but here's what I did:
Started with a bit of simple syrup - about 3/4 cup of water, 1/2 cup sugar, cooked until sugar dissolves & cooled - 4 bottles of cheap red wine - one container raspberry-lemonade concentrate, one can of water - one can of lemon-lime soda - 2/3 bottle peach brandy - huge assortment of cut-up fruit: cherries, oranges, lemons, limes, granny smith apples, peaches, grapes, strawberries - serve very cold over ice, with plenty of fruit & a few pours of lemon-lime soda (for fizz & to lighten it a bit - completely optional). You can add fruit juice, skip the brandy, substitute rum - judging from the 8 bajillion recipes on the internet, there are a LOT of options. If you plan ahead (we didn't), it's even better the next day! (The leftovers proved it!)
posted by PlazaJen, 8:00 AM
|