PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Sunday, March 27, 2005

The Saddest Easter Ever

It wasn't even Easter. It was summer, circa 1972 in Knoxville Iowa. Since I've now told my father about my blog, I think it will be extra fun to start sharing ALL MY DREAMS in my blog from here on out. HAH!

This was one of those dreams that was SO VIVID, when I woke up, I thought it had actually happened. I was only 4 years old. But I dreamt that I had a giant basket of Easter candy, complete with a big ol' chocolate bunny, sitting right by my bed on my nightstand. And I was SO DISAPPOINTED that it hadn't happened. I even wanted to try to go back to sleep and see if the waking up without the Easter basket part was maybe the dream, and then there WOULD be a basket of candy waiting for me. Since we didn't celebrate Easter, it never did happen, either. But every year, and now we're talking 32 years later, I still remember that momentary flash of thought and hope & the realization that it was only a dream and the sunshine and the smell of grass and the reconciliation struggle between dreams and reality. That stuff never, ever leaves you. And often the struggle remains the same.

Today, I will bite the ears off the bunny I got from my Operation Haremail pal, Leah, and then share the rest of the bunny with my hubby, who once hid plastic eggs with jelly beans all over the apartment to surprise me. Not only is he a keeper, he's bona-fide. ;)
posted by PlazaJen, 7:19 AM
|