PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Ringleader of the Unhappiness Circus

Good lord, peeps, I don't know what's happening in the world, but it's like the clock got shoved backwards & we were smack on March 15th all over again! Foul stuff happened at work, my friend David got stuck in Lee's Summit last night because his car died, and he & Roger worked on it until almost 9 last night - and Polly threw up more times than I want to try and count right now, so I was up until nearly midnight, when I finally surrounded her bed with newspapers & unfortunately, the only thing she had left in her was liquids. I never even got dinner, because my stomach was so in knots from the events of the day and then, well, suffice it to say, cleaning up after a puking dog is not really an appetite stimulant.

I actually woke up before my alarm went off this morning, and I'm hoping that means today is going to be better. It has to be better. Hell, the dog has no food left in her to puke at this point, so already we're off to a better start. I'd ask that you say a little prayer, or wishful thought, or even place an offering to Buddha, Vishnu, God, whomever guides you on your journey, to make my road a little less rocky right now. I'm quite prone to turning my ankles, and I just need things to settle down. With that, I give thanks in advance, because I know all of you who tune in to this blog actually will, because (not to get all Sally Fields here, but) you do care - I love the internet and its ability to bring people together across the miles! (it's how I got my husband, who, thankfully, is coming home early & I will not feel quite so alone. I miss him. Did you know we met online? That's a good blog entry. I'll do that one soon.)

Thanks. From the bottom of my bruised, achey-breaky heart. :)
posted by PlazaJen, 6:43 AM
|