PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Friday, March 25, 2005

Flotsam

First off, we've apparently become the sister city to London. I went out to get pizza and beer tonight & it was damp, chilly & misting. I've forgotten what the burning orb in the sky even looks like. If it ever returns, I'll be blinded for days, blinking like the Mole People. ENOUGH already, I needs some sunshine!

Second, if you haven't heard Snow Patrol's cover of Beyonce's "Crazy In Love", you are missing out. It's one of those songs that makes me want to get up on a (sturdy) table and dance all hoochy-mamma-ish, slowly enough that I don't slosh my drink everywhere. Therefore, if you are looking for a good laugh you should get me a drink, a sturdy table, and coerce the bartender to play this song.

Third, I am PISSED at Roadrunner because they keep jacking up my email / master user account and now it's my name with a NUMBER, hello, I am not J LO on the 8, I am the ONE AND ONLY. Spent 20 minutes tonight on the phone with tech support so I could finally download my email - one email containing the aforementioned MP3 so I can sit here and imagine dancing on a table while I play the song over & over.

Fourth, I am almost done with the flowers for Folly. Let's do a quick tally and pats on the back, shall we? 8 large flowers per color (4 colors) = 32 large flowers. 6 small flowers per color (4 colors) - 24 small flowers. (look, I'm doing all this math in MY HEAD, I am so RainMan.) 32 + 24 = 56. FIFTY SIX. This is the reason I will be the first person on EARTH, besides the designer, to finish THIS SWEATER. I have to stitch the last 6 flowers and then finish the sleeves. THEN, then, oh lord, could it be? DONE? I will need a drink.

Fifth, I discovered my local Gomer's carries Herradura tequila. If all goes well, I will be buying myself a bottle next week & doing several shots. All tables in the vicinity had better watch out.......
posted by PlazaJen, 11:11 PM
|