PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Sunday, February 06, 2005

Wake Up Call

There is nothing like setting your alarm (at 12:30 a.m., after a double feature of violent scary movies) and having your bed partner say, "Why are you setting your alarm?" and you reply, "Because I have THINGS TO DO in the morning!" and then when your alarm goes off, you hit the snooze seven times and then turn the whole contraption off. Because this little awake part of your brain seems to think it can rally round the cerebrum (with a pocket full of cheese!) and wake all the other parts up, but then it finds out quite quickly that the sleepy fat gnome in charge of Eye Operations isn't having ANY of that nonsense, and he cold-cocks that optimistically happy awake part and you slide back into blissful slumberland.

So an hour later you get awakened by bed partner sliding across the mattress and hugging you, saying, "I thought you had things to do this morning?" while AT THE EXACT SAME MOMENT, your worshipping dog licks your exposed bare foot. That, my friends, is a LOT of stimuli that even the Eye Operations Gnome cannot ignore. But it's still better than the alarm clock. And I made it to Einstein's on time, where I met my friend Julie and her baby Lily, who was wearing the overalls I gave her (because every baby needs overalls) and the bright pink sweater jacket I knit her. I'll get pictures up in the next day or two, I promise. I even get called Auntie Jen, which is totally awesome, because even though we're not related, I love them like family, which in the end, is really what it's all about!

It was great to catch up & play with the baby, except for the part where I dumped my entire cup of coffee everywhere (not on Lil', thankfully). I mean everywhere. The table, my purse, the floor - I even made the guy at the next table flinch and check his pants for random coffee spray. I'd give it a 9 out of 10 for making a mess. .

Apparently Reflex Gnome was on break at the time. Leave it to me to have a Gnome Union.
posted by PlazaJen, 1:41 PM
|