PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Squirrel Shelter

I actually was chatting online with a friend of mine yesterday - I'm becoming Old School anymore - I'd rather write an email than IM! Anyway, she used to work with me & has since moved to another city - and we were discussing some of the details of the 'State of the Union', and I was indulging in some self-pity, lamenting my lot in life, in my Old Age, as I continue searching for my Purpose, and as I work towards my dreams and such, and if you know me for more than five minutes, you'll know I LOVE ME THE METAPHORS. Love 'em. Imagery, hyperbole, all that stuff. I love to DESCRIBE.

So I was describing me: "It's like I'm caught over in some dead tree by the bank and everyone else is canoeing right on through the rapids. "

To which my friend replied, "Yes, but you are the shelter for a lot of homeless little squirrels...they are grateful for you."

Me, laughing OUT LOUD: "This must be the "penance" phase of my life then. Squirrel Shelter."

The funny thing is, it's sorta true. And, actually, it's not so bad. I like being there for people and helping them feel better. Keep your eyes peeled, Squirrel Shelter Life Coaching could be coming to a strip mall near you.....


posted by PlazaJen, 9:41 AM
|