PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Random Orts!

1. There are some strange wires sticking out of the wall next to the entry door at work. Every time I walk by them, I wonder what would happen if one were to put them on one's tongue. What can I say. It's always interesting in here.

2. I found out a someone who used to be exceptionally mean to me is sick. One word flashed in front of my eyes, several other thoughts bubbled up behind my lips, and then I just went with, "That sucks." After all, what goes around comes around. Interestingly, the same word flashed in my husband's head, and he chose not to say it (until I told him it had happened to me.) I love how we're alike sometimes.

3. Speaking of reasons I love him, JWo sent me a link to a Craigslist ad, hawking "Antique crochet set - $20". His email subject said, "Maybe It's Not Just For Pussies Anymore", referencing a time when I'd been a bit belligerent about the hooking craft, as it compared to knitting. Despite my previous entry, I don't always know when to zip my lip, and if I think it could be funny, I usually err on the side of sharing. Oh, and the items for sale? CROQUET mallets and balls.

4. I've learned a bit of tolerance these past years. And quite a few other things, too. But I was really delighted most to get an email yesterday telling me I'd shown up in a reader's dream, interrupting a sexual encounter by my presence. With my enormous spoonbill around my neck. Dancing. And laughing! Hey, it could happen.

5. Tripper does not like cowboys. We watched No Country For Old Men the other night - and he was watching it, too, which totally cracks me up. Like he's going to whip out a little notebook and start critiquing the film or something. Anyway, when Josh Brolin appeared on-screen, he lost his shit. Deep rumbling growling, a modicum of barking, he was PISSED. Maybe it wasn't the cowboy role; it could be that he just isn't a fan of bad mustaches. Anyway, one helluva movie. High anxiety. Excellent. Made more remarkable by the absence of music - you don't realize how much music leads or gives away in a film, until it's not there.

6. I need to get a proper battery for my itty-bitty booklight, as I am tired of being Harriet the Spy each night, clutching a small flashlight under my chin to read.

7. I got the perfect yarn for my ISE6 pal, and then after I heard from my spoilee, I decided I needed to exchange it for even BETTER yarn. So now I just need to wind it and get knitting!

8. I do not understand "Milky Way Caramels" - there is no Milky Way inside, just caramel. Now, I'm not complaining? I love caramels? But talk about a brand association and not having it anywhere inside the actual product! (In my two days off last week, the candy supplies plummeted, so I picked a large quantity of post-Easter chocolate to keep the visitors happy.)

That's it for today! Hump-de-Hump and all, and spring fever, and crazy fun connections being made all over the place. But none involving random wiring and my tongue. For now.

Labels:

posted by PlazaJen, 4:28 PM
|