PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

A Fast Descent Into Madness

My friends aren't even going to know who I am. I give you proof that the slippery slope to insanity has begun, and pretty soon I'll be blogging from our trusted institution, Two Rivers. (A girlfriend of mine just started working at the state-run nervous hospital, and she said I won't get to keep my knitting there. So much for my tax dollars helping me in the long run, I guess on some level I always knew I'd have to pay for quality institutionalization.)



Yep. I have no idea why I'm doing this, except it was a small-ish project and I thought it would be good to do something different. And I ask, what is more natural in the 96-degree heat than to knit a wool hat? The answer, as you back away slowly, is: NOTHING. The kit is from Bea Ellis. I know, I know - it's as if the Amish suddenly started driving SUVs. I've professed such an utter distate of knitting with cotton (hey, this was less than 3" of that behavior - it's just the lining of the hat, the lighter burgundy that's crazily, mad-cap stitch-marker "hemmed" to the underside of the hat), and then I've been equally vocal with my dislike of fair isle knitting.... well, all I can say is, send cards. Come visit. Because I have the yarn to make at least two or three more of these.
posted by PlazaJen, 7:13 AM
|