PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Anthony Kiedis, Have You Forgotten Where I Live?

The Red Hot Chili Peppers are going on tour again, and we love 'em. The closest they come is Lollapalooza in Chicago, which I would absolutely LOVE to go to, despite it being the first weekend in August, for the idea of being sweaty & smelly for three days in Midwestern summer heat surrounded by 8 gajillion people, and you KNOW at least 2 gajillion of them will be STUPID, just lacks -how do you say?- a certain "je ne sais quoi". It's simply the law of averages, and then you have the other 1 gajillion who will shout-sing along and spill their beer on my head. Shit, I'm talking myself out of it by the word here. I looked through some of the packages, and since I don't have a cool $1,500 sitting around waiting to be blown on three days of music, or another $1,500 for VIP packages (I would hope the VIP areas have misting fans. Love me the misting fans), I'm just going to have to keep hoping the RHCP add a show here or in Omaha, so the Wo and I can go and yes, sing along. (Singing along is ok as long as the music is LOUD enough to cover your own singing. And never at the top of your lungs, unless the band's looking for audience participation.)

However, in a complete 180' of music styles, RuPaul is coming to town, and you can bet your drag queen ass I'm gonna be there. It's a motorcycle convention, so I hope it's not too scary. (I joke, I keeed!! It's Gay Pride weekend... and what an irony that R.Kelly's "Trapped in the Closet" is playing right now....)
posted by PlazaJen, 7:58 AM
|