PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Monday, July 25, 2005

To Pod or Not to Pod

Actually, I am already on the Not Podding road. I don't want a piece of technology that when the battery goes out, the item is finito.

So! That leaves me with a lot of options, but not a lot of knowledge and a reluctance to bring another gadget into the home that will go relatively unused. My primary purpose for getting an MP3 player would be to create a mini-jukebox from the existing CD collection, which is quite significant. That means I probably want the highest-level of storage capacity. And a way to hook it into a stereo or surround-sound system. But wait, I want more! I want all the song information to transfer to the gadget, and I want to be able to categorize things. Like, "Party Tunes" or "Dance" or "Folk", because then, if we have a party, you could select that as the filter and then all the music that would be shuffled would only be songs with those labels on them.

And I realize the whole burning & transfer of music is as exciting as watching paint dry, which is the other reason I am not jazzed or chomping at the bit to do this - but eventually, I'll be getting a big-screen tv, and upgrading the surround sound system, and a tidy, compact MP3 player with all our music on it would rock the casbah. Hey, I gotta dream.

So if you have knowledge or ideas, float 'em my way. Thanks in advance!
posted by PlazaJen, 11:31 AM
|