PlazaJen: Passion Knit

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Manic Maniac

I loved loved loved that song, "She's A Maniac" by Hall & Oates..... and I rather enjoy days when I feel like a Manic Maniac. Having a strong suspicion that my own mother is manic depressive, among other things, I also feel a little frightened when my own enthusiasm & cheeriness & general disregard for social mores surfaces. Did you know if you do a google search for the word "mores" to make sure you don't need an accent mark, that most of the results are for "s'mores"? I feel very pinball manic today, and we can review the evidence supporting this:
1. Rep #14 called about the revisions, in a panic, because he had been out 'til 10:30 last night in Orange County. I bellowed, "I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR PARTY LIFE, JOHN. YOU NEED TO JUST GET THIS DONE!" and laughed, and he laughed, but a little nervously.
2. Two assistants are by the fax machine, sorting through the gajillion responses to the revisions. I point at them and shout, "THIS DAY SUCKS! THIS DAY DOESN'T SUCK AS MUCH AS YESTERDAY, BUT IT SUCKS!" They laugh and say it sucks more for them today. Mania or bonding, you make the call.
3. I have looked in my drawer three times for the safety pins I only rediscovered on Friday. Insanity is doing the same thing over & over and expecting different results? I have a very cluttered desk (shocker!) so I think I get a few do-overs before they haul me off to Two Rivers.
4. I DO NOT CARE (fill in the blank) (there are many choices). Not caring fills me with glee.
5. I am still grieving inside and ignoring it. The pendulum is swinging, and I want to stay on the not-sad half a few minutes longer.
6. I have tomorrow off, which makes me bark like a chihuahua.
7. I have told every rep the truth, which is that THIS SUCKS and that I am sorry.
8. Kristin told me some funny stories this morning, and I delighted in them ALL, some of which involve the insanity of other people. Does this make me a bad person? Or just grateful that I don't care? I laugh! I scoff! I knit! I shout!
9. There was a time when I wanted to check in to Two Rivers, just to escape it all. Then I went to their website and it turns out, I was really more interested in a day spa that I could have covered by insurance. Not to make light of people who need the services they offer - I think there have been times in my life it would have helped me, I just wasn't self-aware enough to recognize it.
10. I have run out of reasons why I'm crazy. I'm just recovering from yesterday, which ranks way up there as a "Jennifer And The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day." And that, my friends, is why it's time to stop blogging & go get a sloppy joe & find out if I did know who my secret santa was all along!
WILD EEP! and to all a good night. (Mac users will understand me.)

posted by PlazaJen, 11:21 AM
|